Post Jeter Era, Year 1

To this day I still remember where I was sitting when my dad called me to inform me that the great Derek Jeter was going to retire. I remember immediately buying memorabilia before the prices skyrocketed and I remember wondering how in the world were the New York Yankees going to survive without Derek Jeter? Without Captain Clutch? Without the captain who kept them all together? I was heartbroken even more so because I knew I would never be able to see him play shortstop again.

However now here we are just one short season after Derek Jeter left and just take a look at the standings. The Yankees are number one with a great chance of actually making it to the playoffs with the Red Sox all the way in last place (which is always nice to see).

Now the Yankees are not without their issues like continuously losing in extra innings which should not be happening. However it is nice to see that the team I know and love will not crumble without their Captain.

Now hopefully the Yankees can keep their place on top and make it back to the playoffs. I will never not miss watching Derek Jeter play, but I am glad to see the team I know and love so much play on and hopefully continue to be the powerhouse we all know they can be.

Article by: Kelsey Franklin
Follow me on twitter: @FranklinKelsey
Follow the Bronx Bombers on twitter: @BronxBomberBlog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Bronx Bomber Bets: BBBets 9/23

Five keys to a successful 2016